Tuesday 6 October 2020

FALL TABLESCAPE

 


Sweater weather is upon us and I for one couldn't be more excited! The leaves on the trees are changing hues. The scents of the season are wafting through the stores and coffee shops. And I have fall tablescapes on the brain! 

Today, I am going to show you an easy and inexpensive way to dress up your table for fall entertaining. Whether it is a table set for two, or one for your bubble family, you can use these ideas anywhere, anytime.

Entertaining these days does look quite different than it did last year. No more large events or gatherings; no more getting together with the usual group of friends unless at a distance. Whatever the situation, you can still set up a beautiful table for any special occasion you are celebrating!

The ideas here today are ones you can use throughout the year just by changing up the colours, textures and themes to relate to the season.

    

   I created this easy and inexpensive fall table setting with items I had around my house and have collected over the years. A lot of the items you see are from my local dollar store, so I didn't have to spend a ton of money, but still made it look like I did.

   To start, I laid this textured soft faux fur throw in the center of the table instead of a traditional runner, and I love the unexpected touch it gives to the table. This blanket is from www.dollarama.com and was a mere $4! 

I then added this faux fall garland from www.michaels.com in the center of the blanket and added some brass thrifted candlesticks I already had, as well some small amber glass bottles, which I also got at Michaels for under $2 each. I added some faux wheat branches to the bottles for an extra fall touch! 


   I found some really cute glass vases at www.dollartree.com for $1.25 and they have such beautiful shimmering colours that really elevated the table and the centrepiece. 


   For the actual table setting, I used these faux wood chargers from Michaels underneath these stoneware plates in cream and brown that were a free find on a sale site I frequent often. The colours work so well together I think. I also added these mustard coloured soup bowls that I have had for years now from www.ikea.com, and am so glad I held onto them because they are the perfect accompaniment to any fall table. (unfortunately they are no longer in stock) A mini copper pumpkin from the dollar store adds a special touch, which can either serve as a party favor for guests, or as a place card with your guest's name. 



   Some simple brown cotton napkins with wood napkin rings add a warm touch, as well as thrifted vintage cutlery, which I have had for a while. 

   I also found these adorable gold metal cups from our local dollar store and knew they would fit well on this tablescape. Some clear glass champagne glasses with an amber stem, fill in for the typical wine glass. These beautiful glasses were also a freebie!


   That is really all there is to creating a simple fall or seasonal tablescape! Look around your home and get creative. Glasses can fill in for vases, tumblers can fill in for wine or spirit glasses. Using what you have and what makes you happy, is all that matters. You will be surprised at what you can create when you think outside the box. 

   These ideas can be easily changed up to suit any season. Lighter coloured napkins, such as cream or white, can be used for a spring or summer table setting. Using a light blanket scarf, linen or cotton table runner or cloth would also suit a spring/summer table nicely, as well as fresh bright florals.

   And if you are looking to entertain in the colder winter months, then a simple silver and white palette or the classic red can bring that look for you. 

   I hope you find some inspiration in this post, and think about what you may have around you home that can create a beautiful table setting for your family and loved ones to enjoy! 

   Stay safe and enjoy this time together!

   Until next time ~A




PRODUCT INFORMATION:

-blanket, copper pumpkins, gold tumblers=www.dollarama.com

-brass candlesticks, bone cutlery=

-glass shimmer vases=www.dollartree.com

-amber glass bottles, faux wood chargers, faux pumpkin garland=www.michaels.com

-cream stoneware plates, champagne glasses=FREE

-mustard coloured soup bowls=www.ikea.com (no longer in stock)




  

No comments:

Post a Comment