Friday 16 October 2020

CREEPY CHIC HALLOWEEN TABLE SCAPE

 


   I love Halloween! The creepier the better! When I think of Halloween, I somehow always think of the Old Victorian era. Regal ladies wearing the latest corseted and billowing dresses, ghost stories of yore and cobweb laden Victorian mansions swarming with spirits of those who lived there long ago. 

   Halloween this year, as with many holidays that have passed, will be slightly different. Will there be any trick or treating and costume parades? Probably not! However, that is not going to stop me and my family from enjoying it in the best way we can. So I came up with this creepy chic (yes I have claimed these words to be a thing), Halloween tablescape! Whether you are able to have a few close bubble friends/family over, or if it is just with your immediate family, try to celebrate Halloween with a little bit of fun! 

   I am going to share my tips on how to decorate your table with some fun and inexpensive Halloween items that you can find at thrift stores and dollar stores. You may already have some of these items or similar ones that you can incorporate into creating a spooky table setting for a creepy chic Halloween!

  Let's get started! I had these cobweb and lace runners and material already that I purchased at the dollar store. You can find them either at www.dollartree.com or at www.dollarama.com. I love the old creepy vibe they give to the table. I used one in the center of the table and two others for underneath the place settings, instead of using placemats or a tablecloth. 


   I had these silver chargers already on hand and purchased them at www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca. They are so pretty and have that Victorian vintage style that goes perfect here. I then added a simple black dinner plate from www.ikea.com. Silver cutlery with vintage details and glass champagne coupes add the final touch to the place setting. I added a small picture frame that can add as a place card for your guests or family, or you can add a creepy picture inside it as well. 



   For the centrepiece, I had this vintage silver tray I found at my favourite thrift store and made some of these stacked books to add some height and dimension to the centrepiece. I then added some plastic skulls from the dollar store and a few black faux roses, along with a velvet pumpkin I found at www.dollartree.com.


 To make the books, all you need are thrifted books (I prefer the hardcover ones), paint them with black acrylic paint and add some stamped spooky words or phrases with white ink. I also sometimes sand down the spines of the books so the engraved letters don't show through the paint. Then add some gauze or kitchen twine and a plastic bone for that added spooky touch!

   I had this amazing silver candelabra that we had gotten from a wedding and I love it so much! I use it every Halloween and it is the perfect touch! I placed a plastic skull in the middle of it and two black taper candles. 


   At the other end of the table for some more visual interest, I found these branches in the trail in front of our house and spray painted them black. I used a small silver jar from www.dollartree.com to hold the branches and I just created another easy centrepiece idea! Beside it I placed a glass thrifted cake stand from www.valuevillage.com, topped it with a crocheted black doily and a glittered black pumpkin from the dollar store.


   I also decorated my sideboard behind the dining table with just a few Halloween decorations such as my Palmistry sign and hand (which are my favourite pieces this year) from www.dollarama.com, and a thrifted silver plate and glass cloche with a plastic skull inside. I draped a black cobweb cloth along the sideboard too.




   There you have it! A creepy chic Halloween tablescape that will ensure your party is fun, exciting and just a little creepy, however you are planning to celebrate this year! Look around your home and in your decoration bins (because we all have those right?) and see what you find to create a ghoulish Halloween tablescape. You never know what unexpected treasures you will find!



Until next time! ~A


PRODUCT INFORMATION:

-silver chargers from www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca
-plastic skulls, cobweb cloth, lace runner, black taper candles, black faux roses, styrofoam crows, from www.dollarama.com
-black cobweb cloth, velvet and glitter pumpkins, silver bottle used as a vase from www.dollartree.com
-clear glass cake stand, silver tray with glass cloche from www.valuevillage.com
-black dinner plates from www.ikea.com
-black doily (on cake stand), and place card picture frames from www.michaels.com
-silver cutlery from my wedding, glass champagne coupes handed down to me by my mom, black napkins (unsure of where they were purchased), and silver candelabra from a wedding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment