Monday 1 June 2020

Adventure Birthday Party



     For my daughter's 6th birthday party this year, I wanted to do something different! So we came up with the idea of an outdoor adventure party.
    We had originally booked a park and were hoping to have the party there, however, with my daughter's birthday being in November, the weather is always tricky. It wasn't on our side!
    We ended up having it at home, but it turned out great and the kids had fun, which in the end is all that matters!
 

     To keep the kids entertained, we had a Scavenger Hunt prepared! Luckily for us, in our area we have a trail right across the street from our house. The kids had their lists ready to go, and seemed very eager to check off all the items on their list!


    Found this cute printable from www.momdot.com. I attached the printable to craft paper bags and added a crayon inside so it was easy for the kids to hold their collectibles and check the items off their lists!
     After they all got back from their activities, it was time to eat! We offered a simple meal of hot dogs and sides. Instead of serving french fries, there were corn chips and goldfish crackers. We also served pepperoni sticks ( which were a huge hit) and veggies! 

     Instead of paper plates, I found these cute pie pans from www.dollartree.com. It was a bit of a splurge, but we can use them for so many other parties or even for when we go camping! And they really fit the part too!

    I already had these cute enamel mugs and thought they were the perfect vessel for holding the bamboo cutlery and napkins. I found the cutlery here: www.amazon.ca
    For a fun alternative to a candy bar, I created this Trail Mix Bar. It was a big hit with the kids and the adults! You can really add whatever you like to your bar; you can go all out or keep it simple. For this one, I had mini marshmallows, pretzels, raisins, a mixture of dark chocolate, caramel and milk chocolate chips, and some delicious graham cracker cereal. 
    I included some small craft paper bags so everyone could eat them on the go or take them home with them. I also created this DIY stand to hold the bags. It was very easy to do. I took two small wood crates that I found at the dollar store, and I stained them. I found some mini dowels and simply hot glued them at each corner of the crates and attached it all together. So easy and so cute and I can use it for future parties and displays too!  

     This trail mix sign was found on www.catchmyparty.com as well as the other labels used throughout the party. I just added it to a simple black frame found at the dollar store. The DIY stand is at the back. 
     I found these metal bowls at the dollar store too to hold all the trail mix fixings and added some clear scoops. 



       
      A successful and fun party doesn't have to empty your bank account. With careful planning and sourcing, you can throw an entertaining and fun party just using your imagination and supplies you find at your favourite stores. 
     My daughter and her friends, as well as our guests, all had a great time! 
     I hope this post gives you some great ideas to use at your next party and inspires you to have fun in the planning process too!



No comments:

Post a Comment